Helping Get Your Side of the Story Across When Circumstances Change

As time goes on, things will change in everyone's life. One parent may lose a job or get a better one. Children will get involved in different activities that will need to be accommodated in the parenting time schedule. With the many twists and turns that life takes, you may find that a previous court order needs to be modified or changed.

Typical changes that need to be made may include:

  • Child support modifications: If one parent loses a job or gets a better job, or if your child care expenses or health insurance premiums change, child support payments may need to be adjusted accordingly.
  • Spousal maintenance modifications: If there are changes in circumstances either with the spouse receiving spousal maintenance (alimony) or with the spouse making support payments then spousal maintenance may need to be adjusted.
  • Child custody, legal decision-making and parenting time modifications: As children get older, their interests change, as do their schedules. You may wish to modify your parenting time agreement to reflect these changed circumstances.
  • Parent and child relocation: If one parent wants to relocate to another city or state and also wishes to take the children, this will necessarily cause a major change in the court-ordered parenting time arrangement. Arizona law establishes certain factors that must be met before a parent may relocate a child outside the state or relocate the child more than one hundred miles within the state. Arizona has specific notice requirements. As soon as relocation becomes relevant, whether you are the parent seeking to move with your child or the parent seeking to prevent your child from moving away with the other parent, it is vital that you consult an experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney.

At the Law Office of Merle L. Stolar, P.L.L.C., we listen closely to your circumstances and how they have changed. Merle Stolar is a lawyer who will work closely with you to determine what your needs are and how to alter your current agreements to accommodate the changes in your life.

For more information about your modifications, contact the Law Office of Merle L. Stolar at (520) 628-7777, Extension 163, or contact attorney Stolar online.