Grandparents' Rights

A Court Order is Necessary to Establish Grandparents' Rights to Visitation with Their Grandchildren

When a couple divorces or when a child is born out of wedlock or if a parent is deceased, the court may find in certain circumstances that it is in the best interests of the child for a grandparent or person other than a legal parent to have custody, legal decision making or visitation with the child.

Strong Advocacy for Grandparents with Attention to Detail

At the Law Office of Merle L. Stolar, P.L.L.C., attorney Stolar works with grandparents who want to have a relationship with their grandchildren after the children's parents divorce, or when a child is born out-of-wedlock, or perhaps, their child, i.e., the parent of the grandchild, has passed away. Sometimes, grandparents may seek custody of their grandchildren who are at risk or whose parents are not fit parents to raise their own children.

If you have an established relationship with your grandchild or have spent time raising your grandchild in the absence of one or both parents, attorney Stolar will work with you to establish the right to see or care for your grandchild. She knows that your situation is unique to you, and will help craft a solution that best fits your needs and the needs of your grandchild within your rights conferred by Arizona law.

Merle also works with stepparents and other relatives to gain access to children after a divorce.

To find out more information about grandparents' rights, please call the Law Office of Merle L. Stolar, P.L.L.C., at (520) 628-7777, Extension 163, or contact us online.