Relocation of Parent & Child Out of Arizona or More Than 100 Miles Within Arizona

Get a New Job? Need to Relocate with Your Children? Talk to Our Lawyers First.

Attorney Merle Stolar represents parents seeking to move with their children and also represents parents who seek to prevent a child from moving away with the other parent. Relocation of a child involves complex circumstances of travel, finances, and parental relationships.

If by written agreement or court order, both parents are entitled to joint legal decision-making or unsupervised parenting time and both parents reside in the state, Arizona law establishes certain notice requirements to the non-moving parent, and certain factors that must be met before a parent may relocate a child out of the State of Arizona or more than 100 miles within the the State of Arizona.

Factors the Court Will Consider to Determine Whether Relocating the Child Away from the Other Parent is in the Child's Best Interests

  • Motivation for the move
  • The impact on the relationship between the children and the non-moving parent
  • Expenses and child support
  • Impact on the emotional, physical and developmental needs of the children
  • Impact on parenting time

Unless the non-moving parent agrees, the court will either grant or deny the moving parent permission to relocate with the child. Without an agreement between the parents, nearly every relocation case goes to trial. Relocation cases are complex and the court will consider the best interests of the children by looking at the facts involved in each case.

As soon as relocation becomes relevant, whether you are the parent seeking to move with your child, or the parent seeking to prevent your child from moving away with the other parent, it is vital that you consult an experienced and knowledgeable family law attorney.

Merle Stolar is experienced in representing clients in these circumstances, and can help you understand the complexity involved in a relocation case. She can help you achieve your goals as the relocating parent or as the parent who seeks to prevent the relocation of a child.

Contact attorney Stolar online to schedule a consultation, or call Merle at (520) 628-7777, Extension 163. Your phone call will be returned promptly.